If you are bringing goods into the UK or exporting them, then HMRC and the equivalent authorities in the country you are working with may require a Notary Public to verify and authenticate a number of your legal documents.

These may include –

Passports and identity papers – certification for you and for couriers and other individuals or agents overseeing the imports and exports

Company records – which need to be authenticated so that it is clear to the authorities where ownership and responsibilities lie

Power of Attorney – required when a third party in another country undertakes legal actions in your name

Shipping and logistics – authenticating papers for shipping companies, freight forwarders and other agents involved in the movement of goods between countries

Distributor agreements – which are made between manufacturers and suppliers/wholesalers and set out the legal arrangements that must be put in place before products can be sold

Tenders – tender documents will need to be ratified for overseas markets

New bank accounts – when you need to open new accounts and undertake other overseas financial transactions

Certificates of Free Sale – when you are exporting food products from the UK, these documents show that they are authorised and safe

Bills of exchange – these documents bind one party to pay another on a predetermined date

Letters of credit – which secure payments according to your agreed rate and credit terms

Patents – official papers protecting, registering or renewing patents, copyrights, trademarks or intellectual property rights overseas.

In addition, for all of the above, as a Notary Public, I can also attend to legalisation of the documents by way of the Foreign Office Apostille and Embassy certification; if that is required by the foreign jurisdiction.

I am here to answer your questions

To talk through your import and export requirements please contact me.